KH-Drama
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CODE SECTION F.A.Q./QUESTION-ASKING THREAD: READ BEFORE POSTING!

2 posters

Go down

CODE SECTION F.A.Q./QUESTION-ASKING THREAD: READ BEFORE POSTING! Empty CODE SECTION F.A.Q./QUESTION-ASKING THREAD: READ BEFORE POSTING!

Post by advent_of_apocalypse Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:40 am

Q: How do I use these codes?
A: You need an Action Replay Max (abbreviated AR Max), CodeBreaker, GameShark, Swap Magic Coder, or some other type of cheat device.

Q: How do I get a cheat device, and how much do they cost?
A: AR Max and GameShark can be found in most places video games are sold (GameStop, EB Games, Best Buy, etc.), and go for $30.00 to $50.00. CodeBreaker is very difficult to find since its been for the most part discontinued, but it is in the same price range as the AR Max and GameShark. Swap Magic Coder can only be purchased online from one of the sites listed here. Prices will vary from site to site, but Swap Magic Coder should usually be in the same price range as the other three cheat devices.

Q: Which cheat device(s) would you recommend?
A: CodeBreaker is the best, because it has the quickest load time, shortest codes, and most importantly the largest code capacity. Swap Magic Coder is a bit less user-friendly, but is equally good in the above fields as the CodeBreaker.

Q: How do I convert codes to another format?
A: Download Skiller's free software, MaxConvert here. Note that this software only works for PS2 codes.

Q: In order to convert a code to AR Max format, it says I need a game I.D. How do I get a game's game I.D.?
A: Simply convert an AR Max format code from that game to the RAW format and the game I.D. for that game will appear in the game I.D. box.

Q: Will saving with cheats enabled corrupt, delete, or otherwise harmfully modify my save file?
A: In theory, they can. Most of the time they won't, but it's always a good idea to save to a backup file when saving with cheats enabled.

Ask any questions you have about cheating in general here. More Q and A's will be added to the existing list as the other mods and I see appropriate.

Last edited by advent_of_apocalypse on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:14 am; edited 3 times in total
advent_of_apocalypse
advent_of_apocalypse

Back to top Go down

CODE SECTION F.A.Q./QUESTION-ASKING THREAD: READ BEFORE POSTING! Empty Re: CODE SECTION F.A.Q./QUESTION-ASKING THREAD: READ BEFORE POSTING!

Post by Xaale Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:57 pm

I stickied this for you.

Proceed.
Xaale
Xaale
Admin

https://kh-drama.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down